Monday, October 29, 2007

I am....

Human.

From M. LEBLANC over at Bitch Ph.D.
Being human means being allowed to live the full range of human emotion. It means being able to express animal sexual desire, to express anger, to want to hurt the people we feel inhibit or insult us. We want power and when we get power, we fight like hell to keep it. Like men, we are capable of violence, of meanness, of selfishness.

....

I like to think I am a beast of a person. I have an immense capacity for anger, both righteous and totally petty. My anger at injustice has carried me really far, and in fact is what keeps me going and excited through the day at work. I am a beast of sexual desire. I think about sex, like, constantly, and I get pissed when the people I want to fuck don't want to fuck me back.

When I get emotional, whether it's sadness, anger, or exhilaration, its not because of PMS, or because I'm a woman. It's because I'm a human being, a complex and intelligent animal responding subtly to a thousand different stimuli.

I get to fuck up. I get to be rude, I get to be both selfless and selfish. I get to be sexually demanding. I get to want fame, and power, and money and love and to be really, really hot. I get to also want to take care of others, to fight for social change, to help the weak and create art. I get to feel it all, and do it all, because that's what it is to be human.

I couldn't have said it better.

No comments: