Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A few things.

One of the most adorable things happened yesterday morning.

Josie and I dropped Matthew off at pre-school, and came back home. Josie was watching the Disney channel's Movie Monday. They were showing Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. I was in the office reading my google reader.

I came out into the bedroom and Josie was lying on the floor, crying. Like her heart was broken.

So I immediately sit down and pull her into my lap, hugging her, trying to find out what's wrong. She looks around me to watch the tv. Still crying.

The movie was at the part where Pluto has destroyed all of Mickey's Christmas decorations, and Mickey had yelled at Pluto. Pluto was banished to his dog house (and subsequently ran away).

She's still crying.

Then Mickey later comes looking for Pluto, and his dog house is empty, she says "Pluto gone" in the saddest voice ever!

It wasn't until Pluto made it back to Mickey (via Santa, of course) that she stopped crying.

My 2.5 yr old daughter was crying over a movie! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So I did both.

As Keith said to me, as they're more able to take care of their physical needs, our job will be to take care of their emotional needs. Of course, I responded with "I hope we don't fuck it up".

We then went and picked up Matthew from pre-school, and in his bag was a letter that he dictated to his teacher to Santa.


Too freakin' cute! It's lucky that he wants train stuff for Christmas, cause he's getting some!

And then, my son decided to cut his hair while Josie and I were taking a nap.



So he's getting a shaved head just in time for winter! Good thing I bought him a new coat with a hood, and a hat/glove set.

Did I mention that we're going to get pictures taken with Santa this Saturday? Yeah.

1 comment:

GB, RN said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with that haircut!!