Monday, December 17, 2007

Tired.

I'm missing someone very important in my life right now. I haven't seen her in almost six months. I used to see her every other week, you know. We had a fabulous relationship, too.

And now I know that when I do see her next, it just won't be the same as it was before, she's retired now.

So.

Anyone have a really good massage therapist that does deep tissue massage? Taking a muscle relaxer and drinking a beer just kicks my ass, and my shoulder still hurts the next day.

4 comments:

Faith said...

I don't know how far you're willing to go or how much you're willing to pay, but I love, love, LOVE the guy I go to at the salon in the Village. (Bijin.) His name is Keith, and you have to make Saturday appointments about 2 months in advance. But if you can get over there during the week sometime, I'd highly recommend him for 90 minutes. They have a steam shower you can follow the massage with that really drives the nail into the whole relaxation deal.

It costs about $130, I think. You can call and ask. It's been a while since I've been able to afford it, so I can't remember right now. But it's totally, TOTALLY worth it. Keith is a saint.

Janet said...

Considering that I see Charlie and Rae at Bijin for my waxing on a regular basis, I'm not adverse to traveling that far!

Although, for that price, it sounds more like a birthday treat for me, dammit.

Fate said...

You mean the type of deep tissue massage where you can't decide to scream in pain or sigh in relief as the knot leaves?

The type that leaves you feeling like mush for a week straight?

Where right after, you sit trying to move but nothing works cause you're just that relaxed?

The type of therapist that seems to find places of stress you never knew you had?

...

If you find one, let me know....

GB, RN said...

The best massage I ever got had a happy ending. But I was dating the guy at the time, so I don't know if it counts.

Seriously, I am also looking for a good massage therapist. Happy Endings not required.